However, it can be a distressing moment for those trying to cover those dark underarms. Spring and summer can be the best and most refreshing time of the year. From turtlenecks (or swans) tight to full-sleeve suits, every attempt is made to make sure that no one sees even a pinch of the armpits. Having dark armpits is not a medical problem, but a common occurrence due to skin exposure to some elements. The skin here is highly sensitive and is susceptible to a wide range of problems such as rashes, pigmentation, infections, pimples and ingrown hair. Dark armpits may also be due to excessive use of depilatory or antiperspirant creams and alcohol-based deodorants. Shaving, intense sweating, accumulation of dead skin or even poor ventilation in the armpit area can cause this darkening.
With a variety of problems besetting your armpit, you would do well to try some natural remedies to whiten or lighten such sensitive skin. Surprisingly, all it takes to get rid of your dark armpits is a potato!
How do Potatoes Match Skin Tone?
Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase , which helps you restore a uniform color to easily irritable skin. This enzyme, along with the mild whitening properties of potatoes, can gradually and gently lighten the skin of your armpit.
“The antioxidants present in them can help you get rid of wrinkles and stretch marks”.
The starch potatoes can make your skin smooth and soft. These vegetables are also rich in potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, phosphorus, iron and zinc , minerals that can nourish the skin and promote the growth of new skin cells. They also contain another compound called niacinamide , which plays an important role in skin lightening. Potatoes gently exfoliate and detoxify pores to prevent bacterial infections and outbreaks that cause scars and skin discoloration.
Ways to Use Potatoes to Lighten Dark Underarms:
1. Potato Slices:
Use potato slices twice a day for best results.
- To start, cut 2 slices of a potato about a centimeter thick.
- Massage the armpits with these potato slices for about 3 minutes.
- Once this is done, wait half an hour before rinsing it with cold water and drying it.
2. Mashed Potatoes:
This mash can be applied at least twice a day for best results.
- Grate half a potato and mix it in a puree with a blender.
- Apply the mashed potatoes in the armpits and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for best results.
- Alternatively, you can strain the mashed potatoes through gauze to extract the potato juice that is equally effective in lightening your armpits.
3. Potato and Milk:
This natural remedy is effective in the sense that the milk cleanses and nourishes the skin, while the potato attacks the skin discoloration.
- Grate half a potato and mix it in a puree.
- Strain the mashed potatoes through gauze to extract the juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of potato juice and condensed milk.
- Apply this mixture to the underarms and massage gently for 3 minutes.
- Leave the mixture on for 10 minutes before rinsing it with cold water and drying it.
- Repeat this process every day to get the best results.
4. Potato and Cucumber Juice:
The cucumber helps to lighten the discolored skin smoothly and gradually. Repeat this process every day to get the best results.
- Mix 1/4 of a potato and a cucumber.
- Add a tablespoon of chickpea flour to the mixture and make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the underarms and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it with cold water and drying it.
5. Potato and Honey Juice:
Honey moisturizes the skin and kills the bacteria responsible for skin discoloration. Repeat this process every day to get the best results.
- To start, grate half a potato and mix it in a puree.
- Strain the mashed potatoes through a gauze to extract the potato juice.
- Now, mix 2 tablespoons of potato juice with a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture to the underarms and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it with warm water and drying it.
Basically, you have no reason to empty your wallet in cosmetic products to lighten your skin. Go to your kitchen and take out the potatoes.